Today Magento announced the general availability of Magento Enterprise Edition 2.0 and Magento Community Edition 2.0. It is being touted as the next generation open source digital commerce platform.
We agree! We’ve been following the development of Magento 2 for well over a year and working with early releases of the platform. As of today, all Neoverve Magento Hosting plans support version 2.0. Magento 2 is a significant leap forward and will enable brands, retailers, and businesses (B2C and B2B) to more quickly and cost-effectively deliver incredible ecommerce experiences. Magento 2 offers enhanced performance and scalability and new features to increase conversions and improve productivity. It remains a fully open source platform with an unhindered ability to be customized and extended.
Here are some feature highlights of Magento 2:
- Open, flexible architecture for easier customization and faster, lower cost projects.
- New responsive design reference themes give you a fast way to create sites that support shopping on mobile devices.
- Integrated video support for merchandising products.
- The all-new checkout is easier to customize and further improves conversion rates by minimizing steps and required information.
- One-click account creation to save customer profiles for future purchases.
- A new Admin panel design offers a streamlined, intuitive interface to save time on day-to-day tasks.
- Touch-friendly Admin panel so you can make updates or track sales while on-the-go with tables and smartphones.
- Customize and save Admin panel views to enable quick access to information critical to your business.
- Improved step-by-step product creation tool and product import capabilities.
Scalability and performance highlights:
- Over 50% faster page load times across many catalog and checkout pages to help you delight your customers and improve conversion rates.
- Varnish is pre-integrated to cache page content for faster performance and optimizes code and images for fast page loading. Note: still requires some developer configuration to deploy.
- Improved Admin performance and support for more concurrent updates.
- Tighter out-of-the-box integrations with PayPal, Braintree, and Authorize.net payment gateways.
- Magento Enterprise Edition 2.0 also integrates with WorldPay and CyberSource.
- All versions provide improved security and the ability to pursue the easiest level of PCI compliance, depending on the selected payment method.
Easier maintenance and upgrades – This is HUGE:
- The Magento 2 modern, modular architecture reduces the complexity and cost of maintaining your site and greatly simplifies version upgrades.
Contact us to learn more and discuss whether Magento 2 is right for you.